Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. Managing and operating over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making ARTC one of Australia’s largest rail network owners. The Inland Rail Programme is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track.
This exciting project means ARTC are looking for a General Manager Finance to develop a robust and reporting framework that tracks all costs and variances associated with the project throughout its design and construction phases. A newly created role that reports into the CFO in Adelaide and supports the Executive Leadership Team responsible for the delivery.
- Manage all internal and external critical stakeholders
- Establishing the financial and risk management frameworks and systems
- Ensure that operations are properly recorded and documented in a timely and accurate manner.
- The coordination of project cash flow and funding against milestones.
- Develop and manage Risk policy and framework.
- Establish robust procedures for Capex management reporting.
- Responsible for setting up and reporting a Program Plan with milestones, dependencies and risks.
- Oversee monthly analysis reporting and preparation and review of reports for the Executive Committee Board and Shareholders.
- Provide economic and financial evaluation and advice regarding investment proposals and options to support commercial objectives.
- Year-end finalisation activities and reporting including support to external and internal audit.
- Supervise the budget and 5 year plan.
- CA/CPA Qualified with relevant tertiary degree.
- Ability to lead discussions/negotiate complex commercial outcomes.
- Exposure to major works management including material supply and handling.
- Large scale project accounting experience.
This exciting project will see includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges.
The General Manager Finance is a high profile position and the successful candidate will be a part of an Executive Leadership Team who will deliver one of the most important infrastructure projects in the modern era.